DARKSECRET CLUB HIM INTERVIEW: LINDE Q&A

« Older   Newer »
DarkSecretLover
view post Posted on 25/9/2012, 16:06

Credit Darksecret Club

FOR LINDE

How do you come up with solos for songs – are they calculated, based on scales and arpeggios, or more something that you simply feel? Has this process evolved over time?

It depends on the song. Mostly my solos are improvisation, there might be a little melody or a "lick" that has been thought of beforehand but most of the time it is just whatever comes out at that moment. At the end of the day, I'm a blues player so it all originates from there. I also feel that you shouldn't forcefully put a guitar solo in every song either, sometimes it works much better to replace it with a heavy riff or whatever.

The older I get, the more confidence I have in my playing. I'm not scared of being out of tune or playing sloppy. Our producer Hiili said after I did one of the solos for the new album : "I could hear a human being in there." And after that we all burst in to laughter but seriously, that's something that I like to hear in good guitar solo too.

Will there be a third Daniel Lioneye album?

Good question :-) Daniel Lioneye is definitely something that brings joy to my life and while we had a long break again because of Gas's mad cow disease, I did write a bunch of songs for DL, enough for an album. The question is, when will I have the time to record them properly etc. On top of everything else, I've just moved in to a new house and my home studio is all over the place. And obviously I'm concentrating on HIM at the moment and will be doing so for god knows how long and having a great time doing it!

But to answer your question, yes there will be a third DL album, just don't ask me when is it coming out..

0 replies since 25/9/2012, 16:06   31 views